Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Boss yourself around!

WOULD YOU PROMOTE YOURSELF? 

    I have been struggling in one area of my life and I have been trying to figure out how to work past it. This "area" is directly correlated to long-term goals I have and I know I won't do well in the long-term goals, if I don't accomplish the short-term one first. With that said, something came to me today- I need to treat myself as an employee and boss at the same time. Ask yourself, "Would I pay someone like me to run my business?" Be honest, we all have some areas of improvement! 

    In order to be "promoted" within your company, you have to prove you're worthy by having a strong work ethic and level of commitment...just because you have good intentions or because you're cute, doesn't get you the promotion. Many of us have GREAT intentions, ideas, and COULD actually promote ourselves or company to the next level; but without a strong work ethic and commitment, it will never stick. I want a lot of things in my life, but most of those things deal with having a business-minded attitude. So from now on, I "promote" myself to the next level, by evaluating the level of commitment I provide to my current position.


WANNA GIVE "YOU" A PROMOTION? DO THIS: 


BE HONEST
    A lot of times, it is hard to be honest with ourselves about our contribution to reaching our goals. We tell ourselves "I can't see how" or, "Why won't my boss...?" "If only my family helped me"...those are real feelings, but truthfully, we are responsible for our own lives, so any goals we aren't reaching are a DIRECT reflection of what we're putting into them now. Before anyone else does, YOU have to believe in you and God's plan. If you don't believe or you're waiting on everyone else, to validate you and God's plan, you will wait FOREVER. Also, stop thinking you're so much smarter than God- sometimes, you won't see every piece of the puzzle, but believe it is going to happen and roll up your sleeves. Have that conversation with yourself and write down what YOU can do to make things happen.

IT WON'T BE COMFORTABLE....IF IT WERE, EVERYONE WOULD DO IT
   Sometimes we think we deserve things...I personally don't believe in "deserving" anything. God blesses us with EVERYTHING we need to make things happen, but it is usually coupled with hard work and that's where it usually gets fuzzy for us. He does His job, but it is up to us to do ours. I wanted to finish school and get grades. God blessed me with a situation and funding to make that happen, but initially, I didn't feel like going to class consistently, and I didn't feel like studying...how ridiculous is that? I prayed and He practically put everything on a silver platter for me, but I was too lazy to pick up my fork and eat...

PERSPECTIVE
   Are your goals self -driven? If they are, rethink this. Our job on this earth is to use our talents and gifts to spread love and bless other people; but God loves us so much, he wants us to be happy while we are serving too. If everything you want is about YOU or even doing what OTHER people THINK you should, it won't last. Consult with the BIGGEST boss and ask for guidance on what HE wants you to do, then build from there. 


"The place God calls you to is the place your deep gladness and the world's deep hunger meet.

-Frederick Buechner

No comments:

Post a Comment